This is the website of the Traildusters Chapter of the Back Country Horsemen of Washington (BCHW). Our chapter members are primarily from Snohomish and Skagit counties, although we ride all over the state of Washington. Our chapter meets the first Wednesday of every month (except July) at the Eagles Club, 1218 Broadway, Everett. Sometimes the meeting location changes so please check your emails or check the latest news on this website!
Back Country Horsemen of Washington (BCHW), is a 501 (c) (3) organization with 35 chapters across the state dedicated to: keeping trails open for all users; educating horse users in Leave-No-Trace practices; and providing volunteer service to resource agencies.
We are networked with Backcountry Horsemen of America Inc. (BCHA), in 25 other states. Come join us for good friendship, good information, volunteer opportunities, and the chance to make a difference!
BCHW Mission Statement
BCHW is affiliated with the Back Country Horsemen of America and therefore adopts the BCHA mission statement as follows:
THE MISSION OF THIS ORGANIZATION SHALL BE:
1. To perpetuate the common sense use and enjoyment of horses in America’s back country and wilderness.
2. To work to insure that public lands remain open to recreational stock use.
3. To assist the various government and private agencies in their maintenance and management of said resource.
4. To educate, encourage and solicit active participation in the wise use of the back country resource by horsemen and the general public commensurate with our heritage.
5. To foster and encourage the formation of new chapters in the state organization.